Although elements of this policy may apply to the veterans we serve, their caregivers, and our donors who visit our website, we do collect additional data from these groups of people. Please see those specific privacy policies below.
DMFTB is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. It is our goal that you fully understand how we collect information, how we use that information, and the steps we’ve taken to protect that information. We will update this policy from time to time, so make sure to check this page periodically.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What type of information does DMFTB collect?
There are two basic types of information that DMFTB might collect: personal and non-personal information.
As you browse the DMFTB website, you may opt to provide DMFTB with personal information such as your name, address, phone number, or email address.
What’s an IP address? An IP address is a unique number, assigned to each and every computer and other device on the Internet. Your computer, your phone, your e-reader, and other electronic devices, are all assigned IP addresses.
When does DMFTB collect this information?
We collect non-personal information from you as you use any of the pages on our website. We collect personal information from you only when you specifically provide it to us.
How does DMFTB use the information we collect?
We use personal information provided by general users of our website who are not warriors or caregivers and are not engaging in the donation process. We might, for example, ask for your information if you contact a local DMFTB representative or if you upload a personal video message to our warriors.
We may also use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Entering your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis;
- Communicating with you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or request contributions (provided you have opted to receive such communications);
- Improving our programs and services;
- Customizing our website according to your interests;
- Sharing information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases, and who assist us with our marketing efforts; and
- Sharing information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process;
We also reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as an IP address, to identify a user when we believe it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of our websites, the warriors we serve, their caregivers, our donors, our employees, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.